Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the first new home console GR title for five years, has hit the top of the UK Charts in its first week of release. It saw off last week’s number 1, Max Payne, to reach the summit.
In a moderately busy release week, new entries also occupied third and fourth place in the chart, with Dragon’s Dogma just nicking a place on the podium away from DiRT Showdown. Be honest though, how many of you bought it just for the access to the Resident Evil 6 demo?
New 3DS title (yes there are still some) Mario Tennis Open had to make do with a spot just outside the Top 10, while Playstation exclusive Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock could only manage to enter the charts at Number 34.
The Top 20 All-Formats Chart, in full, is as follows:
1. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
2. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Games)
3. Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
4. DiRT Showdown (Codemasters)
5. FIFA 12 (EA Sports)
6. Sniper Elite v2 (505 Games)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. Prototype 2 (Activision)
9. Diablo III (Blizzard Entertainment)
10. FIFA Street (EA Sports)
11. Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo)
12. Battlefield 3 (EA)
13. Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
14. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
15. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
16. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
17. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
18. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft Game Studios)
19. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
20. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)