For the second week running, 505 Games’ Sniper Elite v2 leads the UK All-Formats Sale. Could this be the start of a run that beats out Zumba’s streak at the top of the summit last year? Ha, of course it won’t!
EA’s discounted titles continue to surround the rest of the pack, with a few other familiar new titles hanging onto spots like they were going out of fashion. The only new entry to trouble the Top 20 was PS3 exclusive Starhawk, which itself could only manage a moderately dismal 17th place.
With Max Payne 3 hitting stores this Friday and the eagerly anticipated PC title Diablo III available as of today, it’s likely that Sniper will have to aim its sites a little lower by next Monday. But hey, you never know, the British gaming public has shown signs of stupidity many times before. I point you once again to that Zumba streak.
The UK Top 20 All-Formats Chart, in full, is as follows:
1. Sniper Elite v2 (505 Games)
2. FIFA Street (EA Sports)
3. FIFA 12 (EA Sports)
4. Prototype 2 (Activision)
5. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA Sports)
7. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft Game Studios)
8. Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Battlefield 3 (EA)
10. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
11. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
13. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
14. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
15. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment)
16. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Namco Bandai)
17. Starhawk (SCEE)
18. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
19. SSX (EA Sports)
20. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft Game Studios)